|Programming Coordinator Job Description|
About The Reformation Project
As a Bible-based, Christian organization, The Reformation Project’s mission is to advance LGBTQ inclusion in the church. Our vision is of a global church that honors Scripture and fully affirms LGBTQ people.
Our various programs reflect our understanding of how change happens. First, we seek to inform Christians about the biblical case for LGBTQ inclusion to show how they can fully affirm both the Bible and LGBTQ people. Next, we engage non-affirming Christians through outreach and advocacy to help them move toward LGBTQ affirmation. Finally, we reform, supporting churches as they shift their teachings and policies from non-affirming to affirming of LGBTQ Christians.
The Core Values Driving Us
Our Statement of Faith expresses our foundational beliefs in the Bible as the Word of God; God as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; and Christ’s death for our sins and resurrection from the dead. Our faith beliefs and values are the bedrock of everything we do at The Reformation Project. To do your best work with us, it is essential that you are passionately aligned with our Statement of Faith and our values:
- Love for God: We seek to honor God with everything we do, with our lives, and with our relationships. We seek to follow Jesus, worshipping him as God and emulating his life, teachings, and ministry.
- Love for the Bible: We revere the Bible as the Word of God, inspired by God and authoritative for Christian life and practice. Our love for Scripture drives us to help the church interpret and apply it as faithfully as possible when it comes to gender and sexuality.
- Love for the church: We are compelled by our love for the church to help the body of Christ truly be the hands and feet of Jesus to the world. Our love for the church includes a love for fellow Christians who disagree with us theologically or are still seeking to discern their views about LGBTQ inclusion.
Additionally, we uphold monogamy and covenant, honoring the link that Scripture and the Christian tradition make between sex and lifelong commitment. We also prioritize diversity and inclusion in our work, following Jesus’s example of love and concern for people on the margins of society. We strongly encourage prospective candidates to read the values page of our website in detail before applying.
About The Role
The Reformation Project seeks a Programming Coordinator, a tactical position that works closely with the Executive Director to manage and carry out the organization’s programs. The Programming Coordinator will dedicate the majority of their time to managing The Reformation Project’s Leadership Development Cohort and local ambassador program, with a secondary focus on assisting with the Parents in Process program, the Pastors in Process program, and the Reconcile and Reform conference.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent writer with a strong theological background, including experience in project management and program management. The Programming Coordinator will report to and work closely with the Executive Director, as well as interfacing with other staff members.
This role is a full-time position working from our Dallas office, with some travel required.
About the Programming Coordinator’s Work
The Programming Coordinator can expect their work to include:
Program Management and Execution
- Contribute positively to organizational culture and enthusiastically live out our faith beliefs and organizational values
- Assist in the management, execution, and growth of the Leadership Development Cohort
- Serve as the primary point of contact for those serving as local ambassadors of the organization after they complete the cohort program
- Create training resources and provide ongoing support for local ambassadors
- Assist in the planning, development, and execution of the Reconcile and Reform conference
- Assist in the management, execution, and follow-up for Parents in Process
- Assist in the management, execution, and follow-up for Pastors in Process
- Engage with constituents by responding to inquiries to the general e-mail inbox
Program Evaluation and Messaging
- Design and track evaluation metrics to determine the success of the organization’s programs
- Collaborate with other staff members to help craft effective messaging for donors and other stakeholders around the impact of the organization’s programs
- Collaborate with other staff members regarding overlapping projects and responsibilities
How You Know This is the Right Job for You
- Committed Christian who loves God, the Bible, and the church
- Impeccable written communication skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- A documented history of successfully driving projects to completion
- A documented history of successfully managing programs; managing people and events is a plus
- A demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex issues
- Enthusiasm to propose fresh ideas and openness to feedback on those ideas
To be maximally successful in this role, you need to be:
- Passionately aligned with The Reformation Project’s values and Statement of Faith
- A born project manager able to work backward from a deadline to create a plan
- Accustomed to working on multiple projects with different deadlines simultaneously
- An excellent writer
- A reliable and friendly communicator who reaches out and follows up
- A stickler for details and quality
- A caretaker of sensitive information about donors, board members, constituents, etc.
- A strong self-motivator
- A creative thinker willing to test out new ideas
- A theological education will bring added value
About Compensation and Benefits
- This role will receive an annual salary between $45,000-$55,000; offer will be based on qualifications and experience
- Health and dental benefits
- 15 days paid time off, 11 national holidays observed