|Social Media Coordinator Job Description|
About The Reformation Project
As a Bible-based, Christian organization, The Reformation Project’s mission is to advance LGBTQ inclusion in the church. Our vision is of a global church that honors Scripture and fully affirms LGBTQ people.
Our various programs reflect our understanding of how change happens. First, we seek to inform Christians about the biblical case for LGBTQ inclusion to show how they can fully affirm both the Bible and LGBTQ people. Next, we engage non-affirming Christians through outreach and advocacy to help them move toward LGBTQ affirmation. Finally, we reform, supporting churches as they shift their teachings and policies from non-affirming to affirming of LGBTQ Christians.
The Core Values Driving Us
Our Statement of Faith expresses our foundational beliefs in the Bible as the Word of God; God as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; and Christ’s death for our sins and resurrection from the dead. Our faith beliefs and values are the bedrock of everything we do at The Reformation Project. To do your best work with us, it is essential that you are passionately aligned with our Statement of Faith and our values:
- Love for God: We seek to honor God with everything we do, with our lives, and with our relationships. We seek to follow Jesus, worshipping him as God and emulating his life, teachings, and ministry.
- Love for the Bible: We revere the Bible as the Word of God, inspired by God and authoritative for Christian life and practice. Our love for Scripture drives us to help the church interpret and apply it as faithfully as possible when it comes to gender and sexuality.
- Love for the church: We are compelled by our love for the church to help the body of Christ truly be the hands and feet of Jesus to the world. Our love for the church includes a love for fellow Christians who disagree with us theologically or are still seeking to discern their views about LGBTQ inclusion.
Additionally, we uphold monogamy and covenant, honoring the link that Scripture and the Christian tradition make between sex and lifelong commitment. We also prioritize diversity and inclusion in our work, following Jesus’s example of love and concern for people on the margins of society. We strongly encourage prospective candidates to read the values page of our website in detail before applying.
About The Role
The Reformation Project seeks a Social Media Coordinator, a tactical position that works closely with the Executive Director to produce compelling digital communications that will grow the organization’s reach and exposure. The ideal candidate will have a firm grasp of social media management, with strong graphic design and video editing skills. The Social Media Coordinator will report to and work closely with the Executive Director, as well as interfacing with other staff.
This role is a full-time position working from our Dallas office, with some travel required.
About the Social Media Coordinator’s Work
The Social Media Coordinator can expect their work to include:
Audience Growth and Monitoring
- Contribute positively to organizational culture and enthusiastically live out our faith beliefs and organizational values
- Under the direction of the Executive Director, assist in the development of a social media plan and editorial calendar with a goal of growing The Reformation Project’s e-mail list and social media following
- Ensure The Reformation Project’s brand standards are followed throughout all social media channels
- Suggest and then implement new strategies and tactics for utilizing social media (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, etc.) for both marketing and development purposes
- Design and track engagement metrics to determine the success of the organization’s social media presence
- Engage with constituents by responding to inquiries on our social media channels
Content Development and Dissemination
- Inhabit The Reformation Project’s voice to help draft mission-aligned online messaging
- Actively engage with other staff to understand the details of The Reformation Project’s work and gather stories for use in marketing and development communications
- Manage production of all social media posts (roughly one a day per platform)
- Assist with designing and sending e-blasts utilizing graphics and content shared on our social media accounts
- Customize marketing communications to target the diverse audiences within The Reformation Project’s constituency, including donors, program alumni, prospective program participants, and other supporters
- Manage development of compelling digital content (video, graphics, etc.) and create branded visuals
- Assist with website maintenance as needed
How You Know This is the Right Job for You
- Committed Christian who loves God, the Bible, and the church
- Excellent graphic design skills
- At least basic video editing skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High facility for using social media channels to effectively disseminate messages and grow followings
- Extensive experience working with Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, and Twitter; experience with online platforms such as Campaign Monitor, Canva, and WordPress also valued
- A documented history of successfully driving projects to completion
- A demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex issues in clear ways
- Enthusiasm to propose fresh ideas and openness to feedback on those ideas
To be maximally successful in this role, you need to be:
- Passionately aligned with The Reformation Project’s values and Statement of Faith
- Tech and social media savvy
- A strong graphic designer with a creative flair
- A strong writer with experience creating compelling content
- A born project manager able to work backward from a deadline to create a plan
- Accustomed to working on multiple projects with different deadlines simultaneously
- A reliable and friendly communicator who reaches out and follows up
- A strong self-motivator
About Compensation and Benefits
- This role will receive an annual salary between $45,000-$55,000
- Health and dental benefits
- 15 days paid time off, 11 national holidays observed